At the first informal NC-PAC Meeting under the Slovak EUSDR Presidency National Coordinators Michal Blaško and Frantisek Kolocany introduced their fellow EUSDR stakeholders to the Slovak EUSDR Presidency programme for 2021. The meeting was opened by the Slovak Deputy Prime Minister for Investments, Regional Development and Informatization Veronika Remišová via video message, which you can view above!
Acknowledging current challenges such as…
– The Revision of the Action Plan – Implementation phase – a new momentum – a basis for embedding
– Political commitment of the countries – ownership – EC Third Report September 2020
– Embedding – aligning the Strategy with priorities of EU funding – monitoring of the process at national and regional levels – Strengthening the network of managing authorities in the Danube Region
– Governance – Danube Region Strategy Management – providing adequate administrative capacities – fostering socio-economic and territorial cohesion
… our Slovak colleagues announced to bring cooperation in the Danube Region forward with full force and motivation, focussing on:
- Follow-up to the Revision of the EUSDR Action plan;
- Focus on making better use of EU funds (Embedding);
- Involvement of various actors in the implementation of the Strategy
- Participation of non-EU countries in the Strategy;
- Issues related to migration and climate change;
- Digitization, innovations, informatization
Further details on the programme and activities of the Slovak EUSDR Presidency are available here.
We wish our Slovak colleagues all the best for their EUSDR Presidency 2021!