- Financing and investment operations supported by the InvestEU Fund;
- Research, Development and Innovation (RD&I) projects having received a “Seal of Excellence” under Horizon 2020 or Horizon Europe, as well as co-funded research and development projects or Teaming actions under Horizon 2020 or Horizon Europe;
- European Territorial Cooperation (ETC) projects, also known as Interreg.
With this modification of the GBER, Member States can now directly implement these measures with the ex-post notification of the European Commission.
More to it, EC introduces new aid categories that are exempted from notification, considered as top priorities for the twin transition:
- Aid for energy efficiency projects in buildings;
- Aid for recharging and refuelling infrastructure for low emission road vehicles;
- Aid for fixed broadband networks, 4G and 5G mobile networks, certain trans-European digital connectivity infrastructure projects and certain vouchers.
Find more here.