The Austrian Federal Ministry for Education, Science and Research (BMBWF) and the Institute for the Danube Region and Central Europe (IDM) created the Danubius Award in 2011, with the intention to honour persons with extraordinary achievements in their scientific activity and output in relation to the Danube Region.
To complement this award with a specific prize for young scientists – the so-called „Danubius Young Scientist Award” competition is now open for nominations!
14 young scientists will be granted this award – one for each country that is part of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region [Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Romania and Ukraine].
The award seeks to highlight the scientific work and talent of young researchers and enhance the visibility of the scientific community in the region: Moreover, the award encourages young scientists to engage in the scientific examination of the multifaceted issues and questions specifically related to the Danube Region.
The award will endow 1,350 Euro for each winner of the Danubius Young Scientist Award.
An award ceremony is planned for October/November 2023, the details of which will be announced in due time.
Moreover, thanks to the ongoing kind support by the European Commission´s Joint Research Centre the JCR will invite the awardees to visit one of their facilities in Ispra, Italy, in 2024.
• Scientific excellence and innovative approach of the academic work
• Thematic relevance of the scientific work for issues/problems of the Danube Region
• Relevance of the scientific work beyond national borders
• Potential of the candidate (for example: integration in international networks, participation in scientific projects, publication history, experience in teaching etc.)
• No formal age limit – BUT limitation to participants that have received their Master/PhD max. 5 years ago (= after 1 January 2018)
• Submissions of candidates holding only a bachelor degree will not be accepted
Nominations must be submitted via online form here. For any technical issues or questions, please contact Mr. Daniel Martínek, email: email@example.com
The deadline for submitting nominations is Friday, 5 May 2023 at 23:59 CEST.