European Energy Award along the Danube Kick-off Event
The European Energy Award (EEA) is a quality management and certification procedure that is already established in the European Framework of Reference for Languages and offers practice-oriented access to the topics of climate protection/green deal at local level.
The aim of the EEA along the Danube project is to make the European Energy Award better known in the Danube Region and thus to promote its dissemination and application in the Danube Region.
The project is funded by the State Ministry of Baden-Württemberg and has a duration of 2.5 years.
By promoting the implementation of the EEA, municipalities receive an individually adapted instrument for the implementation of concrete, local measures with regard to the European climate goals.
- To promote and promote EEA in the Danube Region
- Capacity building with local municipalities, partners and institutions in relation to the EEA and the implementation of local climate protection measures
- Initiation of structural development in the participating countries/regions/municipalities; Find partners and possible implementers
- Identification of pilot countries/regions/municipalities in preparation for an independent introduction of the EEA
- Contribution of the selected countries/regions/municipalities to the achievement of the European climate targets (“Green Deal”)
- Contribution to sustainability and environmental protection in the Danube Region