The 5th Annual Forum of the EU Strategy for the Danube Region was jointly organised by the European Commission and the Slovak Republic on 3 and 4 November 2016 in the premises of the Slovak National Theatrein Bratislava.
The forum entitled “Innovative Flows – Water, Knowledge and Innovation in the Danube Region” focused on water management and research and innovation in the Danube region where participants had the opportunity to discuss the results and future of the Strategy.
Documentation of plenary sessions and workshops at the 5th Annual Forum:
Plenary session – Water, Knowledge and Innovation in the Danube Region
Workshop 1) Knowledge society – Common Danube Vision to Transfer Knowledge into Praxis
- BMBF Danube region activities
- Dual Academy
- Pilotproject „Young Stars“
- Dual Vocational Training in Slovakia: Experiences
- Introduction of Elements of the Dual VET in Slovakia
- Technology Transfer and Knowledge Society
Workshop 2) Water – Non-alternative source for life
- Danube Water Resources Outlook Until 2050
- Hydrological drought – current status and new challenges of the research
- ICPDR: Dynamic integrated management with regard to climate change
- Integrated drought management programme for Central and Eastern Europe – Methodology guidance for preparation of drought management plans
- Water and Agriculture:Conflict or synergy?
- Agriculture, part of the problem or part of the solution for water issues?
- Effective reducing of water pollution by nutrients from agricultural land
- CleanRiver – creation of feasibility study for improvement of wastewater treatment facilities in Ukraine
- Danube Floodplain project
- Good quality of water as a prerequisite for enhancing sturgeon conservation in the Danube River
- Invasive Alien Species as a serious threat to aquatic biosphere in the Danube River
Workshop 3) Innovating together – What model for transnational governance?
Workshop 4) Scientific support to the Danube Strategy
- Synthesis centres: from science to problem solving
- The “Air Nexus”: capacity building for air quality compliance in the Danube Region
- The Bioenergy nexus cluster
Workshop 5) Danube Transnational Programme
- Overview of the Danube Transnational Programme: programme area, priorities, calls, budget and differences with the EUSDR”
- DTP as a financial instrument for the Danube region
- General information on the 2nd Call for proposals
- Main provisions of the Seed money facility
Workshop 6) Aligning funds with the Strategy
- Interact: Cooperation methods and tools applied by EU funding programmes to support implementation of the EUSDR
- Presentation of EUROACCESS
- Danube Reference Data Service Infrastructure (DRDSI)
- Strategic co-operation as a basis for developing inter-regional investment platforms
- Presentation of the European Investment Advisory Hub
- Danube ESF Transnational Network
- Managing Authority for the Regional Operational Programme of Romania: “Approaches and experiences of practical arrangements in Romania”
Closing Plenary – EUSDR Results … quo vadis Danube Region?